Monday, March 28, 2011
1:05 PM | Posted by The Blogger Formerly Known As Lvka | | Edit Post
Why does He demand so much of us? Who does He even think He is!? GOD !?
Remember our father Abraham, who was righteous in the sight of the Lord, fulfilled all His laws, and never broke any of His commandments? Well, now, ask yourself this: Was God satisfied by that? Or did He ask for more?
Genesis 22:2 And [God] said [to Abraham]: Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
Or the rich young man, who kept all the commandments from his youth? Was Christ satisfied by this? Or did He demand more?
Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him: If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow Me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him: Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow Me. 23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
There's a very special Lenten Prayer that we frequently say during this particularly sorrowful time of fasting and repentance: it begins with the simple words Lord, and Master of my life – is God really the Lord and Master of your life?
Labels: Addiction - Idolatry - Spiritual Struggle, Church Calendar, Exegesis, Fasting, Lvka, Protestantism
Eventhough the Council of Carthage was a local North African Council it became Universal when the decrees were added to the 6th ecumenical ...
From the book The Person in the Orthodox Tradition by Metropolitan of Nafpaktos Hierotheos, and translated by Esther Williams "&q...
Previous installment: Part I (Introduction) An obvious and important question to ask when examining the validity of the presence and vene...
I like their style. Check out the webpage: The Orthodox Revolutionary quote: We also intend to foment revolution outside the walls o...
Okay, so the Didache's not technically one of the Fathers. But I've decided to cover it in this series anyway for a few reasons: It...
- A Biblical Defence of Orthodoxy (13)
- A Defense of the Holy Icons (10)
- Abortion (3)
- About Us (14)
- Absolute Divine Simplicity (2)
- Addiction - Idolatry - Spiritual Struggle (37)
- Apocrypha (4)
- apologetics (3)
- Apophatic Theology (1)
- Articles (6)
- Asceticism (1)
- Atheism (10)
- Atonement (23)
- Audio (6)
- Books (19)
- Calvinism (50)
- Canon of Scripture (8)
- Christmas Carols (4)
- Christology (28)
- Church Calendar (104)
- Church Fathers (66)
- Church History (26)
- Cyrillian Chalcedonianism (1)
- David (4)
- Debates (8)
- Double Standard (40)
- Eastern Orthodoxy NOT Refuted (6)
- Ecclesiology (5)
- Eschatology (6)
- Essence and Energies (2)
- Eucharist (10)
- Exegesis (18)
- Fasting (80)
- Fathers and Sola Scriptura (13)
- Fathers on Free Will (6)
- Fathers on the Eucharist (3)
- Feminism (6)
- Filoque (1)
- Hell (9)
- Heretical Christology (4)
- Heretical Triadology (1)
- Holy Spirit (1)
- Homosexuality (2)
- hypostasis (7)
- Icons (19)
- Is Eastern Orthodoxy Christian? (2)
- Islam (13)
- Jehovah's Witnesses (6)
- jnorm (12)
- Judaism (14)
- Justification (19)
- Kabane52 (8)
- Lvka (197)
- Martyrdom (17)
- Mary (8)
- Miscellaneous (131)
- Monothelitism (1)
- Morality (33)
- Mormonism (1)
- Myths (3)
- Old Calendarism (3)
- Original Sin (2)
- Orthodox (9)
- Pages (9)
- Patristics (1)
- Philosophy and Politics (12)
- Prayer (11)
- Prayers to the Saints (2)
- Predestination (5)
- Prosperity Gospel (4)
- Protestantism (206)
- quotes (1)
- Rebuttals (10)
- Relics (1)
- Resources (28)
- Roman Catholicism (20)
- Romans (3)
- Romans Chapter 9 (5)
- Sacraments (19)
- Schismatics (4)
- Scripture (2)
- Sola Fidea (1)
- Sola Scriptura (25)
- Soteriology (1)
- Theotokos (3)
- Tradition (8)
- Triadology (8)
- Video Resources (14)
- Videos (30)
THUS SAITH THE LORD
- The Hold That Passions Have On A Man
- Synergy in Christ According to Saint Maximus the C...
- The Heart of the Matter
- The Author of "Basic Instinct" Repents of a Life-T...
- What Does God Even Want From Us Anyway!?
- Kicking the Habit: The Struggle With Sin Continues...
- Embracing the Emo Subculture: Depressing Orthodox ...
- Why I'm Writing a Book
- Why the Mother of God was Ever-Virgin
- Al Pacino on God, Guilt, Fasting, Abstinence, and ...
- Tom Cruise On Lent, And Its Effects On People
- The First Words From The Savior's Lips:
- Protestants Are Right! The Orthodox Are Idolaters ...
- Second Sunday of Lent: Saint Gregory Palamas, Apop...
- What's Holding You Back?
- The Difference Between Orthodoxy and Jainism
- The Difference Between Lent And Ramadan
- Fasting = Castration + Evisceration
- If You Think Catholics Are Evil For Not Allowing T...
- Heaven as Hell: The Gospel According to Mark (Twai...
- Romans 9 and Reformed Theology
- Holy Scripture and the Church
- Why Orthodoxy is the True Faith (Extended Version)...
- "Atheism & Morality" Debate and Other Announcement...
- Halloween on the Old Calendar: When "Tales from th...
- Welcome on Board, Thom!
- The Joy of Lent !
- Apostolic Succession: The Pre-Augustinian View
- The First Two Rules Of Fasting
- Protestantism: Giving Up Fasting For Lent Since 15...
- The Faith that Established the Universe!
- Christ Refutes One of the Solas !
- What Would Jesus Do?
- Lenten Prayer of Saint Ephraim the Syrian
- Our One True God
- A Short Summary of Over Five Years of Apologetic E...
- Fasting: The Entrance-Gate Into A Sexless Eternity...
- ▼ March (37)
- ► 2010 (191)